2010年2月12日金曜日

101 things update

I know it hasn't been that long since the challenge started, but I thought I'd update on some things I am trying to do, because it might be a while before something is actually finished.

After realizing just how often I try out new recipes (without even noticing that's what I'm doing!!), I decided to increase some of the items to do with cooking. So try out new recipes has gone up from 30 to 80 (with another possible increase later on), and blog posts to do with food has gone up to 30. Other items I've needed to adjust the wording a bit so I can keep track of how many times I'm actually doing things.

Ok, so here are the things I'm trying to achieve:

10. Read one book a day to the kids. If I can't do it get S to. (11/1001)
12. Tell S and the kids I love them every single day (11/1001)
22. Write 30 posts on my blog to do with food. (2/30)
27. Make a 弁当 for S at least 8 times a month (except when I'm pregnant). (0/32 months)
This has actually been quite enjoyable, and I've been writing on my calendar when I made a 弁当 because if I don't there is NO WAY I would remember how many I made! After doing this it seems I make more than I'd realised.lol The first week I made 4, so already half way to the monthly quota just in that first week. But I haven't made any this week yet so I'm glad I got off to a good start last week!lol

29. Enjoy a cup of herbal or flavoured tea at least once a week for 6 months. (0/6months 1/24 weeks)
This is a difficult one to remember to do. I tried a mango green tea (by Lipton, from Oz) the other day which was different. Can't say I was overly impressed with it though.lol

30. Try 80 new recipes. (4/80)
52. Write in my blog every day for a month.

Trying to do this for February, but will do 30 posts.

54. Become better at giving myself angel card readings.
I've been doing this every day for myself and S, and although I know I shouldn't doubt my shuffling, I think it will take me a bit longer to believe that the right cards really are coming out, and it's not just my lack of shuffling skills.lol

56. Listen to music for at least 30 minutes 4 times a month (0/32 months 3/128 times)
70. Do and send off our tax returns before the end of February every year. (1/3)

This is done for this year! But only the first time of 3 so still can't cross it off the list...

71. Continue with my 家計簿 every month. (0/32)
76. Get our weekly shopping (groceries only) down to 6000 yen. Adjust to 8000 yen while pregnant and for the first couple of months after giving birth.
78. Completely pay off the car loan.

This has just over a year left so another ongoing item.

90. Go through all clothes and donate to charity or recycle anything we don't need.
This is about a third complete. Still a long way to go. It's given me some extra space in my wardrobe but nowhere near as much as I'd like.

92. File all received 年賀状 by the end of January every year (February for 2010)(0/3)
93. Update how the list is going on my blog at least 6 times (1/6)

Doing that now!lol

100. Continue to lend money on Kiva whenever the credit balance is enough to do so. Note: Started with 6 loans as at January, 2010.


Obviously some challenges go for the whole time so won't be getting crossed off until the challenge is nearly over, but I wanted to remind myself of what items I need to be constantly working on.

3 件のコメント:

  1. Phew...I feel tired just reading all that. You sure set yourself alot of goals, good work. :)

    Glad to hear you're following guidance, the angels love that. The cards will follow you no matter how many times you shuffle, have you found that yet? :) The main ones will keep coming out over different shuffles. Trust. :)

    返信削除
  2. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  3. You are making a remarkable start on your list already!! With the way you are going it won't be difficult at all to cross everything off. Congrats!

    返信削除