Just curious here, but is it only my kids that try to escape out the front door?
Tonight when I was in the middle of making dinner I heard what sounded like the front door closing. Strange considering the door was locked.
Ran to the door (with cooking chopsticks in hand, lucky B didn't see me or I'd never be able to convince him what a naughty naughty naughty thing that is!!lol), and sure enough they were both standing outside the door. Laughing away. In the freezing cold. Probably about 2 degrees max. B had no pants on (obviously fresh out of the loo) and was vacuuming!! the outside of the door with the top part of my vacuum cleaner. A was doing a jig with a packet of spaghetti in one hand and soup mix in the other. Please tell me this is not going to be something that will happen every day from now on.
Needless to say, the door has now been chained.
Heaven help me!!!!



OMG, it sounds funny to me. I have no advice sorry but they are pretty smart to unlock the door like that. And kind of cute he was vacuuming the door for you. :)
返信削除You have such an exciting life!! Your two are going to keep you on your toes for a loooooooooooooooooong time!!!
返信削除I'm chuckling now but only because my son seems to be going through a quite spell!! Keep us posted to more of their escapades!!!!!
quie,t I meant quiet!!!!!
返信削除but what good kids - to plan an escape only to clean! lol.
返信削除but seriously, that would be scary - lucky our front door has 2 locks, and K can't reach the top one. We actually have the other problem with her anyway - she likes to lock ME out (on the balcony, the front door, in the backyward) at the moment she is still naive enough to simply unlock and let me back in. I am waiting until the day she sits on the inside teasing me and refusing to unlock the door.
Actually it seems a lot funnier now than it did at the time.
返信削除Kelly
B's been able to unlock (and lock!) doors for a while now. It's driving me nuts!!!!
achan
I know, everything seems funnier when it's not your kids doesn't it! Glad your son is having a quiet spell at the moment. B seems to have perked up again in the last few weeks...
tj-injapan
Just this morning B locked me out on the balcony when I was hanging the washing out. Luckily he is still naive and opens it up for me like K does, but I think the refusing to open the door thing is pretty close by. He also has a thing with locks on toilet doors which scares me. I've had to 'rescue' him on numerous occasions. lol I suppose it's a stage all kids go through but I wish it'd hurry up and end!!!!
Just reading your blog after about a month of blogging hiatus while mum was in Japan. Having your kids be able to escape out the front door sounds a little terrifying. I am glad that you found them before they really did run away...
返信削除I think it's a stage that every kid goes through though I am hoping for your own sanity it ends soon!!
Guys when my son was locking the slidding doors on me I used to open the other door (the one that you dont usually open to go out) a little so when he turned the lock it wasn't actually locked. Do you understand? It actually saved me many times. Now when I go out either the front or back doors to hang out washing or whatever my keys are ALWAYS in my pocket
返信削除