Still trying to come up with things for the 1001 days challenge.
Have about 20 left to go so should be posting about that soon.
It's really getting me to think though, and focus a bit more on myself which I can safely say has not been done since I was pregnant with B. I think the list would have been a LOT longer a lot quicker if I'd tried this before having kids. Just being honest here.
Trying to be realistic is quite challenging. Especially for things to do with travel and hobbies. I know the challenges are for me and me only, but I mean seriously, can going to the movies twice a year be counted as a challenge? A long time ago a challenge would have been to go once a week!! Or read at least 4 books (before the end of the challenge), as opposed to read a book a week. Btw I don't think I have even read a book since B was born!!! How sad is that? Especially coming from a bookworm with the bad eyes to prove it! And the only movies I've been to see are Anpanman and Pokemon!! (that's 2 movies in 3 years 3 months). So as you can imagine I've been having lots of did I just write that? moments.lol
Of course there are many new challenges too, lots of them kid-related, and it's been interesting comparing the pre-kids me and the me that I am now.
And on a totally unrelated note, I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. Last night I remember thinking "oh that's good no ゴミ needs to be sorted tonight because there's no collection tomorrow". Didn't even realise today was Friday til I saw my post from yesterday. Oops. Which means all the smelly ゴミ can't be thrown out for a few more days. Bugger.



after reading through your list, I see what you mean. But it is basically impossible to seperate yourself from "mummy-you" , isn't it!? Would never have thought that in the life b.k. (before kids).
返信削除I have started reading again this year - read 2 books already (yay for me!! - reading over NYs at the In-laws helped) have come to a bit of a standstill again now tho...
I missed rubbish day yesterday too - they normally dont come to collect until 11am, but as I was at the front door getting ready to take R for a walk at 9am, I heard this rancid music being playing - looked outside and it was the garbage men! aarrggh. Did a quick dash for the rubbish (UPSTAIRS - how fast can a 26week pregnant woman really "dash" upstairs) but of course they were long gone by the time I got back to the front door.
Had to laugh at the dash. I can totally imagine it.lol When you're pregnant ideas can seem good at the time, but not so good afterwards. Well at least that's how it was with me. Hence all the "do-nots" in the pregnancy part of the list.lol
返信削除And you've read 2 books already? Wow! Yay for you is right!lol