What was that cold snap the other day? Very very cold. Brrrrrr....
So the packing has been going pretty well the last few days. Still a long way to go though. There are so many other everyday things going on that make it a slower process. Just your normal preparing, cooking, eating and feeding 2 kids 3 meals a day takes a big chunk out of the day. Not to mention cleaning, washing, washing up, cleaning the cat's toilet, blah blah blah. The list goes on. 家事. Don't you love it when a Japanese word can sum up everything so nicely.lol. I'm busy with 家事, that's my problem!!
Oh yeah, almost forgot. S got the rest of his pay on Monday- thank goodness for that! I just hope they don't make a habit of paying them like that or we won't be able to save for our (me and the kids) next trip home. Speaking of which, my brother sent me this link this morning which freaked me out a bit. We don't normally fly Jetstar but we did in April and it was an absolute disaster. Never ever again!!!!! It was also the day before the exact same flight had major trouble and a fire in the cockpit, and was diverted to I forget where -maybe Guam?. So this story is scary scary scary.
Anyway most of the time we fly Asiana with a free stopover on the way home in Seoul. Suits us much better and so much easier with the kids flying direct to and from Kumamoto. It's the only international flight so no worries about the 2 hours before thing either. Check-in starts 90 minutes before your flight and they don't even open up the immigration bit til an hour before! Much better than other airports in my opinion. Well I've only used Narita, Kansai, Nagoya, Kumamoto and Fukuoka for international flights but still it's the best out of that lot!! Not needing to get to Fukuoka earns BIG brownie points in my book!Ha!Ha!
Ok, A's asleep and B's watching Anpanman. Think it's time for a cuppa!



yikes! I flew the GC-Tokyo flight back just over a month ago.....scary! I have to say, we had an ok flight with Jetstar - I thought the seats were comfy and more room than some flights I've been on (like Cathay, JAL sometimes even) and didn't have any problems with the service, we took our own food and drinks on, and ordered some sandwiches which were actually yummy and reasonable price I thought. And for the ticket price - we got a 3-4man return flight each, well, it is hard to snear at. But after reading that article, well......
返信削除I agree, small airports are much nicer to use. I used to like flying out of Oita airport through Seoul(to Aus, and even Europe) - way easy check in, and I always enjoyed the inflight bibimbap too!
We didn't have trouble with the service either-you pay for what you get and all that. The problem was more to do with the actual flying!!Or lack of in this case.
返信削除We flew from Kansai to GC and then had a connecting flight which unfortunately we never made. Problems started weeks before we were meant to fly actually. I kept getting schedule change confirmation e-mails (4 in the last 2 weeks or so, 1 the day before take-off) and then we arrived at Kansai only to find the plane would be 2 hours late cause it was picking up passengers from Narita first. Ok fair enough-we weren't impressed but what can you do.
So then we finally taxi out taking 15 minutes or so and there's this announcement saying we have to go back to the gate cause there was a security breach. First time EVER something like that has happened. They came around doing headcounts so many times it wasn't funny. The plane was full so it would have been SO much easier if they just counted the empty seats but anyway I digress. Someone from Narita's luggage was on the plane but they weren't so we had to get the luggage off before we could fly. It started off when the flight attendants were walking around saying "anyone own this jacket?" and no-one did. Anyhow, another 45 minutes later and we took off. I swear it was the WORST takeoff I have ever experienced. Seriously I thought we weren't going to make it. So eventually we arrived at GC to watch our next flight taking off straight after we landed. Despite the fact we supposedly had 4 and a half hours between flights!! So no apologies from Jetstar, no refund for the flight we missed, then we had to fork out for new flights at school holiday prices, then they wanted to charge extra for lugguge which we did end up getting out of. Unnfortunately our travel insurance didn't cover any of it either for some reason. Something in the Jetstar contract about not taking responsibility for delayed flights. Seriously though it was all their fault and not even a sorry for the inconvenience type of comment is what really annoyed me.
Last time I went home (2 years ago) we flew JAl. They were the only ones who flew direct, and with a 1 year old and a 3 year old I wanted to get their quick!! My flight was disasterous too but that was because of my kids.
返信削除I thought of flying Jetstar next time, clearing customs in the GC and flying on to Sydney. My parents have done it a number of times without any problems. Recently though Jetstsar is going to the dogs and it is problem after problem. I even thought of flying through Seoul since we now have a new airport in Shizuoka!!! Lots to think about!!
What a great start to your blog- and your teaching me some kanji to boot! I too have fun saving-all though rainy days seem to gobble it up quick *lol* (this is regarding one of your previous posts). I am addicted to the magazine Sankyu and enjoy my kakeibo which I guess makes saving kinda of a hobby for me too. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Good luck with the move.
返信削除Cheers.