2010年4月14日水曜日

Still here

The last few weeks have been pretty busy all round and although most of it was very enjoyable, I'm still exhausted!!

My parents came for a 2 week visit, and their help with the kids (especially in the mornings when I was throwing up) was much appreciated. I am still kind of wishing I could have gone back with them for a few weeks but unfortunately that wasn't to be this time. That being said I can't get the idea of a visit before the next one arrives out of my mind so it might just happen yet.lol

It just would have been nice to have help on the plane. The thought of taking two small kids while pregnant (by myself of course, no way S would be able to take time off) for a trip taking close to 24 hours in total is not the most appealing to say the least. Not all of that is flying time of course, but that's generally how long it takes after stepping out my front door. The more I think about it and imagine what might happen (and most probably would happen!lol) on the plane and in transit the more I doubt whether it's worth the effort. But I want to go home!!!!! So what can you do...

The cravings (all unfulfilled of course) I've been having for comfort? food like meat pies (from a shop down the road from my parents house), sausage rolls (ditto), cheese and bacon rolls (like I used to get in high school from the canteen) and as of early this morning sausage sizzles!!??!! is driving me nuts.lol I feel like I've been transported back in time about 15 years or so. In all the time I've lived in Japan I've never really felt the need to eat Australian food so this is all very weird.lol

In other news I am 12 weeks today, so hopefully that means I'm into the safe zone now. Morning sickness is not over yet, and at the moment I am just praying it stops soon, and not continue until 17 weeks (as with B) or 20 weeks (like with A). It isn't as bad as the last couple of times so maybe that means it will stop earlier too. Fingers crossed.

5 件のコメント:

  1. Glad to hear that you are still with us and that your parents visit was not only enjoyable but helpful too. How's B doing this time round?

    I understand the whole going home delima. I want to/am going in November but 3 kids by myself with only one bad option for a direct flight is doing my head in. After the last time's bad trip with just 2 kids I don't know if I can do it. I have to look into alternative options

    返信削除
  2. yay for parent's visits!!! And yay for 12 weeks. Hope the morning sickness comes to an end for you much sooner rather than later.

    Maybe we could all sychronise a trip home and have a big play-date type thing going on on the plane trip??? haha.

    Love the pregnancy cravings. I used to adore cheese and bacon rolls too (still buy them when I go home)! And sausage sizzles, yum! Hope you can find something that kinda meets your cravings.

    返信削除
  3. Congrats to making to magical 12 week mark :)

    I had completely forgotten about those cheese and bacon rolls until you mentioned them. They were what I ate for lunch at school for many years when I was going through my fussy stage!

    Glad you had a nice visit with your parents :)

    返信削除
  4. I am with T and love cheese and bacon rolls too! And sausage roles! YUM!

    congrats on hitting the 12 week mark- lets hope the morning sickness subsides soon- mine stuck around til about 16 weeks but I was all good after that so lets hope yours disappears altogether VERY soon!

    返信削除
  5. That's so funny about the cheese and bacon rolls!lol Still having cravings for them by the way.

    Synchronising a trip home sounds like a good idea!Ha!ha! If only it was that easy...

    返信削除