2009年12月16日水曜日

ありえない!

Why is it that what seemed like a good idea for a post when I was thinking about it last night now seems EXTREMELY boring and dull??
So to post or not to post.

Ok, I'll post.
But only because I'm still annoyed and need to get it out of my system.
This could be long. Start rant.

Yesterday was my 20th visit to the dentist since August.
Yes, that's correct. Twentieth!!!!!!
And I'm talking about August this year, btw.
Unbelievable, I know.
Ridiculous even. I know that too!!!!

It makes you wonder if they are doing things deliberately slow for the insurance money.

Now despite such a whopping figure, I am actually not one to neglect my teeth. I've had one filling (from when I was about 11), regular checkups for like forever, blah blah blah. But one thing, well two actually, have changed all this.

Pregnancy. Need I say more.
I noticed after having B my gums were a lot weaker and went to the dentist I always went to (which no longer exists) to get things fixed. And they WERE fixed.

Then I got pregnant with A and had a horrendous time of it (more on that in another post, it was pretty bad with B too) and it seems that between getting pregnant, giving birth, breastfeeding and not being able to get to the dentist til nearly a year later has really done me in.

In August I went for a checkup and what do you know, bad gum disease and 8 teeth needing fillings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In such a short time?? How the hell did that happen???

I was in shock.
ありえない!is all I was thinking.
You have got to be JOKING, right!!!!
I just wanted to cry. I'm sure I had tears in my eyes.

Well unfortunately it wasn't a joke, and I have been taking the 2 kids with me ever since which is a hassle in itself. Time restrictions stress me out. Trying to get them both fed, dressed, cleaned up, in socks, then shoes, the shoes being on the right feet, out the door, into carseats, the 20 minute drive there, trying to park the car (this takes time, we have a voxy lol), toilet stops, and into the dentists by a certain time is STRESSFUL! Seriously, I allow plenty of time for things but every appointment turns into a major outing so I'm sure anyone with kids knows what I mean here.

Now the only reason I started going to this particular dentist which is by no means close by, was because it's in a huge shopping complex and they are open on Sundays and public holidays. Which if you remember are S's only days off. So appointment 1 was on a Sunday and S looked after the kids. Every other one has been on a weekday. AGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!! The head dentist wanted me there twice a week and he was like, the receptionists are qualified to look after your kids so bring them too and make sure you come as often as possible kind of tone. So that's what I've been doing.

Anyway, after a HELLISH experience yesterday I decided I'm not going back. It took an hour and twenty minutes to put the filling in, it being dropped in my mouth no less than 4 times during the process, the young dentist (only the 2nd time out of 20 appointments, thank goodness for that) shaking before he even started touching my mouth freaked me out but seriously, it was beyond a joke. Luckily for them I didn't choke. In the end the head dentist had to take over, and after everything was finally finished (there were countless stuff-ups in the meantime) the nurse was like 今日は本当に大変でしたね。すみませんでした。申し訳なかったです。疲れたでしょう。I actually felt sorry for her cause the shaking dentist was so unclear in his directions that the poor girl was like え? so many times. And she was the only one to apologize, despite it not being any of her fault.

I should have found somewhere closer to start off with but who would have thought it would drag on this long? And I felt bad for changing half way through. But there is a dentist with a special kids room and someone there to look after them across the road (maybe a 2 minute walk) from where we live now, so I've decided to go there from now on.

End rant.

Feeling much better now!

4 件のコメント:

  1. Good idea to go to the close dentist.
    What an ordeal you have been through. I don't have kids myself but I can imagine it would be a very big hassle trying to get everything organised and get there on time.
    How awful that the shaking dentist didn't even apologise to you himself!! I would have complained...it's not good practice.

    I hope you can get your teeth fixed soon!

    返信削除
  2. What a complete nightmare! I haven't been to the dentist since I went home to NZ with Shou when he was six months - I got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting and told that on my next visit home it was advised that I get root canal on a top tooth. Have been too scared to go but am thinking should go to nice dentist in next town over just to get him to check it out. Isn't root canal meant to be worse than child birth! Bugger shit shit.

    返信削除
  3. that sounds like a hellish experience. I found a great (and kinda cute ;))dentist once, but we moved after I had been to him about 20times for a procedure and constant checkups after having K...and I really dont understand the need to split every visit up into 5minute checks, so annoying. But your filling story sounds horrible -sorry you had to go through that. Of course, hub always gets child-free dentist/doctor/hairdresser visits, right. So unfair.

    Anyway, the close dentist sounds good - kids room even, yah! good luck with it.

    返信削除
  4. Thanks for everyone's comments.

    I also don't see the need for splitting up the visits- my guess is it has something to do with insurance.

    I've never had root canal thank goodness, but seriously, could anything REALLY be worse than childbirth???lol The mind boggles.

    返信削除