Today I have cried, scrubbed, and cried a bit more.
B decided he would be an artist while Mummy was busy doing something for a couple of minutes. In the space of maybe 3 minutes we went from having a lovely clean apartment to red marker pen all over the shoe cupboard, wall near the entrance, and the chair from the kitchen he used to climb on and do said 'drawings'. And if that wasn't enough fun for him, he then managed to draw all the way from his hands to his elbows in the process. AAAARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
It seems I need to start a whole series of ありえない posts.
I have managed to clean off the shoe cupboard with nail polish remover, the chair is not quite there yet, B is nowhere near there (who knows how many more days of scrubbing that will take), and I still can't figure out what to do about the walls. Any suggestions?
EDIT
We are still battling with the wall.
We've tried paint thinner (a kind of turps) which dissolved the wallpaper and turned the red into fluoro pink!!! The wallpaper is textured which is not helping things.
Nail polish remover is also helping it turn pink but doesn't seem to be dissolving the wallpaper as much. Will keep trying with that I think. Have already used a whole bottle of the stuff!
And if all else fails will consider painting over it somehow or if that doesn't work, re-wallpapering!!!!!



Arghhhhhhh Hear you loud and clear. Little Miss Sunshine showed her artistic talents too when she was 2 colouring in 6 of 8 new tatami mats with red crayon and I mean coloured them in. She didn't miss a space. My friend went to the home centre and asked for help-maybe you could try that. Maybe it will depend on what kind of wallpaper you have. If it is smooth could you write over the pen with whiteboard marker then erase that off (I have done this before in a classroom). If it is textured wallpaper I have no advice : ( sorry
返信削除Miss Sunshine then did it all again the next week with orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For 'next time' my おすすめ is Crayola Washable Markers. They are truly a mothers peace of mind. Washes off everything even after a week whether it be body, clothes, furniture or walls. (I know this doesn't help now though)
OH MY- we managed to keep our last mansions wall okay until 2 months before leaving Tomo's friend got a mark on the wall- that was a 10,000 yen deduction. Our kids have already bashed up the walls here in a year and a half. I expect to pay a lot when we move out. Keep us posted if you find a good way to fix the wall.
返信削除Oh my god. Sorry to hear that. Could you repaint over it? I have never faced that problem (but I have done it to MY mum when I was a kid...)
返信削除Oh no!! Well I guess in this type of situation the only thing you can do is to think positively - he sound very artistic!! Hopefully next time though he will keep his drawings on paper!
返信削除I'm sorry I haven't any advice for you :(