2010年5月20日木曜日

Progress?

Thanks for the comments on the last few posts.

I have just got off the phone from the travel agent and I think we may have made some progress. Finally.

The idea I had about leaving on a Thursday turned out to be even worse than the other days, and so now it looks like I might be able to go on a Monday after all, the week after I was first asking about.

The main problem is trying to arrange the flights between appointments, which will turn into fortnightly appointments straight after we get back. The travel agent (a man) had no idea that appointments may come into consideration until I just told him on the phone that that, and only that, is what I'm trying to work around with the dates. I thought I had made things clear before, but obviously not. Seriously, as long as I can go for about 3 weeks, I don't care what day I fly!!!!! And I think the travel agent finally got it.lol

And for all the number crunchers out there who may be interested, the total price will be just under 24 man for 1 adult, 1 child, and 1 infant. Fares, taxes, surcharge and visas (both kids only have Japanese passports) included.

But only 178,000 yen of that is for the 3 actual tickets.
So that means that about 60,000 yen is just for taxes and the fuel surcharge for 1 adult and 1 child.
Highway robbery don't you think?

Surely Sydney airport must go close to the most expensive airport in the world with a whopping 8,800 yen airport tax!!!!!! It's even 4,800 yen for kids.

Achan, even if it says the ticket price is 6 man, it probably isn't, so make sure you check out what the surcharges are early on. My fare had 31,000 yen worth of extra costs, and the child fare about 27,500 yen extra. Mind boggling isn't it. And Asiana aren't even the dearest with their surcharges, that's actually reasonable!!!!!!! I was looking at Qantas and JAL tickets from Narita at first, but with all the surcharges even a 60,000 yen ticket was more like 90,000 or 95,000 yen. And you still have to allow for the costs of getting to the airport on top of that!!! Don't want to scare you, just letting you know what I found.lol

3 件のコメント:

  1. Kel-thanks, I was thinking that the tickets would be around 10 mann for me and slightly less than that for the kids. I know the Sydney airport tax is ludacris, there's no tax though btw Syd & Canberra, maybe we should fly to Canberra first!! and really getting to Narita is hard, I often have to book a hotel which then adds to the cost.

    My friend loves Asiana Airlines (and some often get bumped up to a Qantas plane)

    I better start looking : (

    返信削除
  2. Achan your comment didn't publish here for some reason, but it got sent to my e-mail account so I've copied and pasted what you wrote.
    ........................................


    Kel-thanks, I was thinking that the tickets would be around 10 mann for me and slightly less than that for the kids. I know the Sydney airport tax is ludacris, there's no tax though btw Syd & Canberra, maybe we should fly to Canberra first!! and really getting to Narita is hard, I often have to book a hotel which then adds to the cost.

    My friend loves Asiana Airlines (and some often get bumped up to a Qantas plane)

    I better start looking : (

    返信削除
  3. Well, great news about the possibility of you now being able to get tickets, that's crap about the surcharge though I know what you are talking about.

    I'm so excited for you!! :)

    返信削除