When I started this blog I had no intentions of it becoming kid based, but look what has happened! Nearly every post is about kids or pregnancy. lol
Oh well, I guess it can't be helped right now.
So I am 16 weeks today, which means the second trimester has begun!
Morning sickness seems to be nearing the end, but I don't want to go jinxing myself just yet.lol
Still throwing up every morning but the recovery time is getting quicker and quicker as the days go by.
I seem to be showing already, which is weird because I've only put on 1.5kg, so you wouldn't think you'd be able to tell, but you can. Well I think you can. Well I definitely can!lol
I put one of those 赤ちゃんがお腹にいます badges on my bag (didn't bother the first 2 times) a few days ago, just to let people know kind of indirectly, but it seems to be helping with shop assistants offering to carry my basket over to the counter and things like that. I think being pregnant this time round is really making me let myself be helped a lot more. Does that make sense?
Up until now I would have been adamant I could do things by myself, and not bothered to tell people I was expecting because I didn't want to be treated differently, but in the end I just ended up being frazzled half the time from overdoing it. This time round I have 2 other kids to worry about, and any help is better than no help at all. So I'm trying to be gracious about it, and let people who want to help help!! And it's not as easy as it sounds!lol



I agree. First time round I tried to be all independant during pregnancy but 3rd time round I was enjoying the attention - so much that I would get almost offended if people didn't go out of their way to help the pregnant foreigner. I still don't smile at the one man on the checkouts at our local supermarket - who would never pack my bag even if there were no other customers and I was just about giving birth on the supermarket floor.
返信削除Pregnant and travelling with a two and a three year old, by yourself. Would love to know how that goes. I got hub to come with us back to NZ - he came for a week - and then again two months later for another week to help on the way back. Even that, with two adults, was very painful.
Hope you are feeling all better soon.
yay on 16weeks and welcome to the 2nd trimester! Glad to hear that morning sickness is getting better (? although throwing up every day must be just horrible)
返信削除And wow on only gaining 1.5kg!!
The help people give you when pregnant is nice - enjoy it while u can ;-)
Honestly, just milk it. Man, when I was in Tokyo/ Yokohama I used my bulging belly to make people feel bad for taking priority seats and shove em off and then give it up as soon as an elderly person having trouble walking or another pregnant woman came on.
返信削除To tell you the truth, as much as I like to complain about often flying alone with the kids it always works out. I think when I flew preggie and with the 2 other guys, they watched disney channel for the whole 10 hour flight...gotta do whatever to survive eh *lol*. Also be kind to the flight attendants and the people nearby and usually someone will help you out so you can go to the bathroom. Also totally recommend going with JAL or ANA and making it very clear ahead of time that you are travelling alone, pregnant and with 2 children. When I was travelling to Indonesia with Tomoya and pregant they even assigned me my own personal attendant to make sure we were fine during the whole flight. When I told Air Canada and I can't remember which American airline it was no one really cared and actually even when I asked for assistance I was turned down. JAL would sometimes even send someone to help me with the kids and get me through priority immigration line-ups. Also, at least with JAL (As you can see over the years I have pretty much narrowed it down to JAL because they have been exceptional with my solo travel with kids)they see me standing in the long line-ups for check-in and will often offer to check me in through the business/first class counter.
I have tons of advice for travelling in relative peace with kids- let them run them selves silly at the airport so they have depleted energy on the plane. Take treats and disposable surprises etc. etc.
I am such a hypocrit for writing this as I dread flying back to Canada in July with the 3.
3 cheers for the second trimester- hope it is awesome!
I'm with Lily on flying JAL they were great. My friends recc was ANY airline that has a screen on every chair!!
返信削除I was a very independent traveller the last two times and panicked the whole time this time with 3 I am planning on milking the system. I've paid for it!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better